Let's get cooking!
So you have to stay at home? We do too... Why not partake in a hobby or two?! We love seeing our members continue to workout at home! You’re probably already missing your favorite coffee shops and restaurants, and the food you’re cooking at home is becoming repetitive and blan. I know I’m getting sick of my same breakfast/lunch/dinner at home and need to spice things up! Here are a few of our favorite tasty recipes, as well as some great foodie accounts on social media to follow and try their recipes too!
Protein Pancakes (1 Serving)
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- Butter, ghee, oil (fat of your choosing)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pure maple syrup (optional...but...tasty)
- Blueberries, strawberries, etc (top it if you wanna)
1. Mix together the eggs and banana in a bowl till no more chunks
2. Oil the pan and get it hot!
3. Pour in mixed batter into the pan (little pancake circles)
4. Wait till it crips then flip to cook other side
5. Top with cinnamon, syrup, and fruit!
Quinoa veggie salad (served chilled)
*recipe calls to add as much of each ingredient as you want depending on if you want to keep it for a few days and eat throughout the week or share with your family
- Cooked quinoa
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) *canned/rinsed is fine
- Persian cucumbers
- Red bell pepper
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Olive oil
1. Cook the quinoa plain and the let cool while you prep the vegetables
2. Chop all the vegetables into small pieces and place in a large bowl
3. Rinse the canned chickpeas and add to the bowl
4. Add cooled quinoa to the bowl
5. Squeeze lots of lemon all over
6. Add salt and pepper
7. Add olive oil
8. Mix really well and enjoy!
*can be stored in bulk in the fridge for up to 4 days
Chicken Tortilla Soup (2 servings)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 1 avocado
- Olive oil
- Tortilla chips
1. In a medium sized pot, add trimmed raw chicken breasts and olive oil. Cook both sides till slightly browned
2. Add in chopped onion saute for a few minutes till slightly broken down.
3. Add in 1 jar of salsa . Cover the pot to cook on medium for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board or plate. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
5. Add chicken broth to the pot, along with the shredded chicken, cilantro, lime, and pepper.
6. Lower the heat, cover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
7. Place crushed tortilla chips at the bottom of your bowl to then pour the soup over.
8. Serve with extra cilantro, red chili flakes, more chips, and sliced avocado.
Foodie/Recipe accounts on instagram:
@lilsipper (gut friendly)